We seek to restore and empower clients by providing counselling of the highest standard, in a peaceful and calming environment. The Resilience Centre provides counselling to assist people from all walks of life to deal with a diverse range of life stresses and issues.
This includes such things as:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Career Direction
- Child Anxiety Disorders
- Childhood Concerns
- Cross Cultural Matters
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Family Counselling
- Grief and Loss Concerns
- HSC Stress
- Panic Attacks
- Parenting Matters
- Personality Disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress
- Problem Gambling
- Relationship Concerns
- Sexual Matters
- Stress Management
- Substance Abuse
Making an appointment at The Resilience Centre
- It is not necessary to have a doctor's referral to The Resilience Centre.
- Appointments can be made over the phone and all calls are treated with the strictest confidence.
- Private health insurance rebates apply for clients with the appropriate cover.
- Medicare rebates apply if you have a special referral from a GP or psychiatrist known as a Mental Health Care Plan - for more information about Medicare rebates, please click here.
- The cost of the session varies depending on which psychologist you see, and whether the appointment is for an individual or a couple. Most sessions cost $180 for an individual or $196 for a couple (for a 55 min session). Please peruse through our list of practitioners to confirm the cost of your appointment.
- Effective 1 January 2019, the fee for an individual appointment with a general psychologist will be $185 weekdays ($195 on Saturdays) or $200 weekdays ($215 on Saturdays for a couple or family.
- If seeing a clinical psychologist, the fee for individual appointments will be $230 weekdays ($240 on Saturdays) or $250 weekdays ($260 on Saturdays) for a couple.
- There is a late cancellation / non attendance fee of $50 weekdays ($70 Saturdays).
Choosing a psychologist
- The Resilience Centre has practitioners from a variety of backgrounds. All practitioners are qualified to deal with a range of life issues. Each have their own special areas of interest and expertise.
- Please peruse through our list of practitioners at each of our locations (in the 'About Us' section), to find someone with expertise in the areas relevant to your needs.
- We have practitioners who speak the following languages - English, Mandarin and Cantonese. Please contact us if you would like more information.