Educators, trainers and human resource managers, this one's for you!
At last! A tool that explores the different, and often surprising, ways in which people learn. This set of 32 cards or stickers is a highly creative tool for anyone who facilitates learning and development.
Each card features a 'learning statement' beginning with, "Sometimes magic happens when..." together with a beautiful illustration of a native Australian animal or bird. The behavior of the animal is linked to the learning statement creating a delightful metaphor for discussing our different learning styles.
- Choose a card that describes how you learnt best as a child.
- Choose 3 cards that illustrate learning styles that are important to you now.
- Which cards does your school/organisation/company respect and acknowledge most easily? Which ones would you like to see acknowledged/developed more? How will you bring these into your learning environment?
- Thinking of a mentor or role model, choose a card that expresses their primary strengths as a teacher for you.
- Can you think of a learning experience you have had that matches each of the cards?
32 laminated, full-colour cards, 210 x 100mm, polypropylene box, 24-page booklet. Published 2001. ISBN 0 9578231 3 4
For more information go to the Resources tab on the St Luke's Innovative Resources website, www.innovativeresources.org